About The mission of the WNYRHS is to preserve our region’s rich railroad heritage. Mission Our mission is to preserve of valuable, yet quickly disappearing railway heritage. Our main goal is the establishment of a railroad museum in the City of Buffalo. Williamsville Depot Built in 1896, the Williamsville Depot was acquired by the society in 1989. For more information, visit our website. Company Overview The WNYRHS was formed in August 1980 to promote the preservation of our railway heritage on the Niagara Frontier. Over the past 30 years we have preserved and restored the Orchard Park and Williamsville depots and acquired nearly 50 pieces of historic railroad equipment. General Information The Heritage Discovery Center, located at 100 Lee Street in the City of Buffalo, is the new museum project of the WNY Railway Historical Society. The Heritage Discovery Center is open every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from 10am to 5pm. Admission is free. Volunteers & docents are always welcome, please contact us for more information.
THE WILLIAMSVILLE DEPOT TIMETABLE
The Williamsville Depot will be open each Sunday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM starting May 7th through October 1st. Call 633-7002 for additional days/hours by appointment Our goal is to introduce more of the Village and Amherst residents to the Depot, Lehigh Memory Trail and South Long Park.
- April 21-22 & 28-29 Homewood Theater at the depot presents “ THE RAILROAD COMES to WILLIAMSVILLE” 7:30pm Adults $8.00, Seniors $6.00 Children $ 4.00.
- MAY 20 -21 8am-3pm 2 day garage sale Books -Plants – Fleas Saturday only Chicken BBQ $10.00 11:00 to 2:00.
- June 15th Visit us at Ten Thousand Villages 5596 Main Street 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- June 24th Pet Fair Presented by 10 Lives club 10:am – 4:00pm Groomers, Kennels, Trainers and Law Enforcement K9’s
- July 8th South Long Street TOUCH A TRUCK Family event $7.00 admission includes hot dog, chips, drink and ice cream. 10:00am to 3:00pm. Last year we had over 700 adults and children attend. All types of trucks were present –large and small.
- July 24th Cruise Night 5:00pm – 8:00pm Free admission Trivia games, Music, 50/50 Raffle
- August 6, 13 ,20, 27 Sunday’s Music at the Depot. 2:00 pm – 4:00pm 4 Different Bands One each weekend
- September 9th BRITISH INVASION Free “Beatles Cover Band” Door Prizes Donations Encouraged
- September 23 Octoberfest Hay Ride Begins at the Depot 10:00am – 4:00pm $1.00 per person Free Cider and Doughnut $2.00 Pumpkins Also Chicken BBQ $10.00 11.00am – 2:00pm
Last summer a village resident inquired about having her wedding rehearsal dinner at the Depot. To make a long story short, about 40 to 50 people attended. It was catered by a local restaurant. It was a resounding success.
We would like to explore doing similar events (rehearsal dinners, family get-together’s, bridal showers etc.) this summer.
We are asking local residents to consider becoming docents for the Depot. This would be for one Sunday afternoon per month or more if desired.
For details and information call 633-7002 and ask for Tom
Visited 6193 times, 2 Visits today